1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easiliy angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Delight





Last weekend I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in Charleston with a dear friend that is undergoing treatment at MUSC. My friend is a nutritionist and I LOVE to pick her brain & to eat with her; she has taught me so many wonderful things, probably without realizing it, one of those being my new found love of 6 months, RED WINE (but I'll leave that for another post)! Saturday morning she made a wonderful brunch for us, Egg Whites w/ Organic Spinach, Multi-Grain Toast, Black Grapes and Hot Tea - I was completely blown away; the meal was absolutely delicious & SUPER HEALTHY... my kind of meal! So, picking her brain as usual I inquired about how to prepare this at home - umm... really easy!


Being Saturday and having some time before I meet my friend at the gym I decided I'd give this meal a go... I DID IT w/ a few small differences! & it was a Saturday Delight!


My Saturday Delight:

1 - Egg White
1- Whole Egg
a touch of Skim Milk
a pinch of Kosher Salt
a pinch of Black Pepper
Organic Spinach Leaves (I use about a handful & a half)
Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray (I prefer Pam with Olive Oil) & place on medium heat, after the pan warms a little add your spinach, let spinach begin to wilt but not to the point of mush. In the meantime, beat together your egg white and whole egg and the skim milk. Pour the egg mixture over the spinach, add salt and pepper and scramble.


I had mine with 1 whole wheat English muffin spread with a touch of I can't Believe it's not Butter and 5 chunks of cantalope and Gevilia Swiss Hazelnut Coffee. Its delicious & healthy - I had a vegetable serving, a fruit serving, a complex carb and a protien. The meal will probably serve as lunch too because it's a larger breakfast than I'd usually have but I'm sure I can whip up a healthy snack later.


Enjoy! Let me know what you think & if you have other healthy, yummy breakfast recipes please share them with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment