Jon & I are home together all morning since it's Memorial Day - we're having a cookout with my whole family this afternoon & hanging out at my parents' pool. I decide, since we've been gone to Atlanta for the weekend that I'm going to use the morning to do laundry, run by the grocery store for some projects I'm tackling tomorrow, etc; I consider this a lazy morning... although there's really nothing lazy about it. I go in our laundry room & I say to Jon "If I'm not out in 30 minutes start digging through the piles of clothes until you find me!" - he laughs & says "Deal!" Seriously... that's HOW MUCH LAUNDRY WE HAVE!! I could've sworn I just did a TON of laundry last week. You'd think after 3 years of living together that I would know HOW MUCH laundry the 2 of us accumulate... apparently, I don't! I mean really, how in the world do 2 people wear so many clothes??!! How will I ever manage this load(s) after we (dare I say) have kids?! Maybe there's a laundry service for hire!
So, as I sit here thinking about all of this laundry & semi-complaining in my mind what is my sweet husband doing? He's installing our new coutertops that have been in our garage for at least 6 weeks! Jon has to go back to work tonight so it's his only lazy day of his 3 day weekend & he's installing our countertops. I didn't ask him to do this today & I'm not even helping - nor has he asked... I'm sitting at the breakfast table blogging & he's working to get this finished & it's hard work; knowing that after working on these all day and a family cookout all afternoon he'll have to go to work for 8 hours tonight & I'm off again tomorrow. Oh, how blessed I am! God provided for me the most amazing, hard working, supportive, loving husband! I thank God for him each and every day, Jon is my rock, my best friend and the love of my life - days like this & little moments like these really open my eyes even more to the wonder of God's love for us... He brought this amazing man to be here with me until I am in Heaven with Him!

No comments:
Post a Comment