
I read a small daily devotion from Women of Faith and on Friday there is a longer devotion posted, this was last (5/20/11) Friday's; I copied it from their website. I am carrying it with me this week, what a powerful message to know who I AM TO GOD, I thought I'd share it with all of you.
Who Are You - Really?
Your hands have made me and fashioned me. —Job 10:8
Do you know who you really are? Do you really?
I know this may sound like a radical concept to some of you, but the more I’ve soaked myself in the truth of God’s Word, the more I believe I know who I really am. God has the kindest and most amazingly brilliant methods of affirming who we are to him.
Well, just in case you aren’t completely sure who you really are, consider this wonderful list of verses as a daily reminder of what God thinks when he thinks of you—which is, by the way, constantly. Let them lift you up and open your heart to see your true identity.
1.I am God’s daughter. (John 1:12)
2.I’m a friend of Christ. (John 15:15)
3.I’m God’s coworker. (1 Corinthians 3:9)
4.I’m God’s workmanship. (Ephesians 2:10)
5.I can’t be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35–39)
6.I am free. (John 8:31–32)
7.I am forgiven. (Romans 8:1–2)
8.I can do all things through Christ. (Philippians 4:13)
9.I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing. (Ephesians 1:3)
10.I have Christ’s mind. (Philippians 2:5–7)
Do you know who you really are? Do you really?
I know this may sound like a radical concept to some of you, but the more I’ve soaked myself in the truth of God’s Word, the more I believe I know who I really am. God has the kindest and most amazingly brilliant methods of affirming who we are to him.
Well, just in case you aren’t completely sure who you really are, consider this wonderful list of verses as a daily reminder of what God thinks when he thinks of you—which is, by the way, constantly. Let them lift you up and open your heart to see your true identity.
1.I am God’s daughter. (John 1:12)
2.I’m a friend of Christ. (John 15:15)
3.I’m God’s coworker. (1 Corinthians 3:9)
4.I’m God’s workmanship. (Ephesians 2:10)
5.I can’t be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35–39)
6.I am free. (John 8:31–32)
7.I am forgiven. (Romans 8:1–2)
8.I can do all things through Christ. (Philippians 4:13)
9.I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing. (Ephesians 1:3)
10.I have Christ’s mind. (Philippians 2:5–7)
—Sandi Patty
Excerpted from A Grand New Day © 2008 by Thomas Nelson. Published in Nashville, Tennessee, by Thomas Nelson. Used with permission. All rights reserved.
Excerpted from A Grand New Day © 2008 by Thomas Nelson. Published in Nashville, Tennessee, by Thomas Nelson. Used with permission. All rights reserved.
How do you sign up for that Women of Faith daily devotional? Do you have to have a membership? I am interested in getting in on that email. I blogged once upon a time--thinking about starting back soon. Yours is cute. I will follow it!
ReplyDeleteNo membership needed, just "like" Women of Faith on facebook, they post a link to the daily devotion each morning, or you can check their website each day. The daily devotions are nice, I really enjoy the weekly ones the most, they are lengthier & more in depth.
ReplyDeleteI used to read your blog, I loved it! You should definitely start it up again!