1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easiliy angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

Monday, May 23, 2011

Mexican Monday

In the Howard house we LOVE Mexican food! The Mexican restaurant near our house is our go-to place when we're really busy, I work late or we're just plain tired & don't feel like cooking. A month or so ago Jon & I went to The Cazbah in Greenville for dinner (we LOVE The Cazbah, GREAT tapas!!!) & we ordered shrimp tacos... delicious!; I've had a craving for them ever since! So, tonight I decided, craving Mexican as always, that I was going to make my own version of these shrimp tacos; I googled & cook.com & recipe.com, etc etc until I had made my own recipe. They were WONDERFUL!!! I served them with homemade corn chips & the organic, homemade salsa that I had gotten at the FM on Saturday, great Mexican Monday!

Shrimp Tacos:

In a large pot:
1 teaspoon of ground ceyenne pepper
1 tablespoon of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of ground black peppercorn
Quarters of 2 limes (from the squeezed)
Approximately 3 quarts of water

*Bring to a boil for 2 minutes & then add 1 pound of shrimp, boil shrimp for approximately 4 minutes or until done

In a seperate bowl:
1/4 cup of fresh squeezed limes (about 3 limes)
1 medium tomato diced
1/4 cup of minced green onions
1 avocado diced
1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 turns of a black peppercorn grind
1 cup of corn (I used frozen & heated throughout)
1 jalapeno seeded & minced

*Once the shrimp is cooked fully drain it and it to avacodo mixture.
*Shrimp mixture goes on corn tortillas (that I had already warmed in the oven on 350 for about 7 minutes)
*You can add a dab of sour cream to each if you'd like & some salsa

For the homemade corn chips (SUPER EASY):
Corn tortillas, cut into quarters
Spray a baking sheet w/ cooking spray litely
Place Quartered corn tortillas in rows, spray litely with cooking spray
Top with a touch of Kosher Salt
Bake approximately 10 minutes on 375 or until litely brown & crispy
Serve with Salsa!

With this recipe you can enjoy Mexican Monday ANY day of the week! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment