
About a year and a half ago I came across a website for "couponing," it absolutely boggled my mind, completely overwhelming... "forget it!" But then all over my Facebook my friends were posting these enormous grocery savings using this site "If they can do it, I can do it." I started small, I think the 1st time I saved $14 (I was super excited!). Who has time for coupons? I never did so I never bothered with them... well now I believe - If I don't have to pay full price for it I'm not going to, I'll take free money in my wallet any day!! So... I decided to take this couponing thing in full force... now, I'm no Extreme Couponer like that TLC show - I shop at one place, Publix (LOVE PUBLIX!) & I use 1 website to help me... Southern Savers. Ladies, if you haven't visited Southern Savers get there quick, you'll save some serious dollars!! The first couple of months it took me about 2 hours to get everything together before heading to the store (I plan out all of my meals in advance, ingredients, etc also) now, I can get my coupons & list together in 30 minutes & be in & out of the store in 30 minutes, always saving money! I ran in for a quick trip today because the new Publix ad comes out tomorrow & there were a couple of great buys that I wanted to get in on, the total of my groceries was $51.84... after my coupons I paid $25.53; this was a quick, simple trip but even with that I saved $26.31 (that's 1/2 a tank of gas!) I always get giddy when I see my receipt now, something I used to dread!! I'm telling you ladies, Southern Savers is amazing!!! Jenny (the creator) is a genius, she posts many other wonderful deals everyday, I try to stop in at least once a day to check them all out - she has a facebook page also.
Marriage tip for the day: A thrifty wife makes a happy husband! (or at least in the Howard House!)
No comments:
Post a Comment