1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easiliy angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

Monday, June 27, 2011

Blogging & Blessings

Obviously, I have been completely M.I.A. lately!!! The Howards have been INCREDIBLY busy!!! We started summer camp at work for our sweet kiddos (LONG, EXHAUSTING DAYS!), we've had 3 weddings, 1 bachelorette party, 1 shower, 3 birthdays, Father's Day, I was subpoenaed to court for work, Family Appreciation Night for Jon's work, a friend in extreme need, and 1 concert/girls' night in CLT with my sister... ALL SINCE MY LAST POST!!!! & this doesn't even include our regular day to day lives.... its been INSANE! So, I'm not making excuses... BUT, if I was - I think this does it!!! After this week of camp I'll have 2 solid weeks OFF - WOO HOO & plan to update more regularly... I have some yummy recipes & fun things to share with you all!

In the midst of all of this chaos that we call life I must say that I have been incredibly aware of the many blessings that we have! I know that I speak a lot of God's blessings in our lives but it is only because I see those blessings daily. I could go on and on about all of the smallest things in our lives that are truly the most enormous blessings from God but we'd be here all night just going through the last couple of weeks! I will say... PRAISE BE TO GOD for my dear friend completing treatment, for my amazing family and friends, for being able to do what I do and having the opportunity to help others, for the wonderful team of co-workers/supervisors that I have, for Jon's job, for our home, and for our amazing marriage and friendship - all of these & more have been part of my thanksgiving in my daily prayer to our Father!

I know that I wrote before about thanking your spouse for even the smallest day to day things but I should have also mentioned that I firmly believe in thanking our Heavenly Father also. Thanking Him for what we have been given and for what He has provided for us... which is EVERYTHING. I will leave you with this for now as these verses have been weighing heavily on my heart recently:

Deuteronomy 8:17-18a You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth.

Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.


And, if there is ever anything that I can pray for you about please let me know - I absolutely believe in the power of prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment