The Howards are parents... to 3 fur babies! We have 3 dogs - Max is our 3 1/2 year old buff colored cockapoo & a total mommy's boy; Marley is our 3 year old black cockapoo (that really looks like a miniature cocker spaniel) & loves her mommy more than her daddy but will deny it & Miya is our 2 year old German Shepard/Sheltie mix that we got from the Humane Society & hates her mother with a passion & is the most jealous dog on the planet! We LOVE them! Actually, we're kind of pathetic in the way that when we go on vacation we miss them; we actually considered (for about 3 minutes) taking them on vacation with us this year (umm... the outcome was: we have a house sitter! HA!). These Howard pups live the good life! They eat special (more expensive than my grocery bill) food, they ALL sleep in the bed with us, they have more toys than probably most children, they get maximum amounts of cuddle time, love, kisses, etc. I talk to them all the time (yep, I'm THAT crazy lady! BUT I don't dress them up or stuff them in a large purse!) - basically, we LOVE them (can you tell yet!).
So - when it comes to grooming OF COURSE they deserve the BEST! However, this is much easier said than done!!! When I lived in Greenville Max had a fabulous groomer & a wonderful doggie daycare... Spartanburg is REALLY lacking in this area!! Once we moved to Spartanburg I had the most difficult time finding a groomer that I LOVED - Max was probably traumatized from the groomer inconsistency (a groomer here actually cut him once & he ended up with stitches... eek!!). I FINALLY found a groomer that the Howard pups loved & they went to her for a couple of years, then for some reason she quit doing all of the things that the Howard pups require (& they're not all THAT high maintainence!) (anal glands cleaned, ear hair plucked, toe nails trimmed, etc) & of course this upset the Howard pups... so the hunt resumed.
Last week Max tried a new groomer & his hair got butchered... he basically looked like an idiot (how dare a mother say that!) but its grown on us (unfortunately, his hair hasn't grown a bit!). The groomer shaved his ears & cut his beard WAY TOO short & charged me more than I pay to have my own hair cut!! So, the hunt resumed again... Marley tried ANOTHER groomer today. I passed this groomer's car driving down the road & decided to give her a call, she was super nice, had a great price & could work Marley in at the end of the week. Yesterday morning - off to the groomer we go - I picked up Marley on my lunch break & she looked AWESOME!!! She had a cute little hair cut, an adorable bandana, she was happy & she looked relaxed; I was one happy mama!!!! So... we're going to give this groomer a go for a bit & see how it goes, if she turns out to be *the one!* then I'll definitely recommend her!
YIPEE, maybe the Howard pups' Hunt can end!!! Happy Howard Pups make a happy mommy & daddy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment