
Anyone that personally knows me knows that I get stressed, usually over insane things - especially my job! Give me a break though... I'm a therapist - HELLO, it HAS to be one of the 10 most stressful jobs on the planet!!! & as a therapist, I teach stress management skills to my clients everyday, do I use these techniques... yep, but not often enough I can assure you! We all deal with stress differently... I SLEEP! I literally come home from work and take an hour nap, does it help... no, but it does give me 60 full minutes to not deal with anything. So really, I'm just shutting it out or running away for 60 minutes; this of course, causes even more issues that night when I go to bed, because not only is my mind reeling with possible solutions for hours but my body doesn't want to fall asleep either because I've napped. & when I don't sleep, I'm a pain in the butt to say the least... it's a vicious cycle! So - help a therapist out... what helps you manage your stress?
The last couple of weeks have been particularly stressful at work for me; it hasn't been only 1 thing but a multitude of things. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my job so please don't think that I'm complaining! I can't imagine a more fulfilling, rewarding (stressful yes) career for me to have... I believe that God's purpose for me in life is to help others. I'll give you a brief overview - 1 last week of school, 2 find out that I am moving schools next year, 3 plan summer services and schedule appointments, 4 go to a training, 5 work on summer packets and paperwork for hours & work late, 6 find out summer services are (temporarily- fingers crossed) canceled & have to figure out what to do with a whole caseload of kids, 7 play the waiting game! Yesterday, several of the other therapists that I work with had a little get together to unwind - this is incredibly helpful. I'm blessed to have made friends with most of the therapists in my department & since we all become a little loopy when we're overwhelmed the humor is flying free in our halls right now! I need to learn to set things down and walk away... "Let go and let God." You'd think after 27 years I'd have figured that out... maybe one day!
Thankfully, I have a rock at home - my amazing husband, my sister who is my best friend on the planet & that I can talk to anything & everything about for hours, my parents, my family, my wonderful friends - I'm blessed to be surrounded by such a great group of supporters everyday! So, the verses that I need to focus on for the next couple of weeks:
Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

The last couple of weeks have been particularly stressful at work for me; it hasn't been only 1 thing but a multitude of things. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my job so please don't think that I'm complaining! I can't imagine a more fulfilling, rewarding (stressful yes) career for me to have... I believe that God's purpose for me in life is to help others. I'll give you a brief overview - 1 last week of school, 2 find out that I am moving schools next year, 3 plan summer services and schedule appointments, 4 go to a training, 5 work on summer packets and paperwork for hours & work late, 6 find out summer services are (temporarily- fingers crossed) canceled & have to figure out what to do with a whole caseload of kids, 7 play the waiting game! Yesterday, several of the other therapists that I work with had a little get together to unwind - this is incredibly helpful. I'm blessed to have made friends with most of the therapists in my department & since we all become a little loopy when we're overwhelmed the humor is flying free in our halls right now! I need to learn to set things down and walk away... "Let go and let God." You'd think after 27 years I'd have figured that out... maybe one day!
Thankfully, I have a rock at home - my amazing husband, my sister who is my best friend on the planet & that I can talk to anything & everything about for hours, my parents, my family, my wonderful friends - I'm blessed to be surrounded by such a great group of supporters everyday! So, the verses that I need to focus on for the next couple of weeks:
Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
No comments:
Post a Comment