
Who in the world ever decided that "he teases you because he likes you!"??? I'm curious really! I even say this to the little girls (elementary age) that I see for therapy. I think that it's probably true... but then if this is a true saying then WHY in the world did little boys ever start teasing little girls BECAUSE they like them!?! Isn't this just the most ridiculous concept you have ever heard?!
Something I fail to tell my little therapy girls is that boys (when they become men) never grow out of this... at least my husband didn't (and neither did my Daddy for that matter)!! I don't know if you other ladies experience "teasing" from your husbands but I do... & frankly, I don't get it! Just tonight... Jon knows that I am deathly terrified of turtles (& frogs for that matter) so when Max (our sweet little boy!) was barking up a storm in the back yard & Jon discovered that it was a turtle... decided to bring it on our back porch. I was in the house but came outside (per Jon's request... ONLY AFTER he sat it on the porch & backed away) to look at it. Max was completely in love with this turtle (aka - horrible, disgusting monster thing!) & wanted it to play... it was cute watching him. Then - it was time to put the turtle back... I get up to go back in the house... JON DECIDES TO CHASE ME WITH IT & TRY TO MAKE IT TOUCH ME! Of course, I'm shrieking the whole time & hopping around like an idiot trying to get away while Jon just laughs! I DON'T GET IT!!! How in the world does this show a girl (or a woman) that you like them?!? Maybe some of you mom's with boys can explain it... or if any men read this blog please enlighten me!!
While I'm tattling on Jon I'll also note that he frequently hides around corners & jumps out at me (I also do this to him... he screams, its hilarious!) & he teases me with the frogs in our front yard as I run to the door! & apparently, I'm not the only woman that doesn't understand this - on our recent trip to Atlanta while I was telling Jon's sister a story about a time he put a frog down my bathing suit cover up she asked "was this before or after you were married?" - before... "I wouldn't have married him! Why did you?!" hahahaha! Unfortunately... maybe the teasing worked for Jon after all... we've been together for almost 4 years & married for a little over one. Ladies... why do we torture ourselves!
"He teases you because he likes you!" I guess it's all in the name of LOVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment